What is Early Orthodontic Treatment?
We can often tell if your child is going to experience orthodontic problems early on as the primary (baby) teeth begin to fall out and the underlying permanent teeth begin to fall into place. Early orthodontic treatment allows us to keep the permanent teeth in alignment while they come down through the gums. This can prevent the need for more invasive orthodontic work later on when your child is a teenager. We recommend that all parents have their children come in for an orthodontic evaluation as soon as their primary (baby) teeth begin to fall out.
Why might Early Orthodontic Treatment be needed?
There are many benefits that come with early orthodontic treatment. For one, it allows us to prevent the need for more invasive work later on. By helping to keep the permanent teeth in alignment while they are coming down into place, this can help your child's smile to look full, natural and healthy. Because misaligned teeth can cause issues with oral hygiene and poor self-esteem, it is important to consider early orthodontic treatment for your child.
To determine if your child can benefit from early orthodontic treatment, we will have them come in for an exam. The exam includes a series of x-rays to give us a clear view of the underlying permanent teeth that have not yet come down through the gums. Most children are good candidates for this type of treatment. Parents will find it helps to prevent years in an orthodontic office when their children become teenagers.
What can be expected during Early Orthodontic Treatment?
- The clear aligner trays can be easily removed for eatingand drinking
- Thereare fewer food restrictions compared to other treatments
- Theclear aligners can be easily cleaned or rinsed, The clear aligners are smoothand comfortable, and do not cause any gum or mouth irritation
- The clear aligners are easy to remove to play sports or a musical instrument
- This treatment builds confidence and improve self-esteem
- Clearaligners are a discrete treatment and have no brackets are wires
If you feel that your child would benefit from early orthodontic treatment, call us today so that we can get them in for an appointment as soon as possible