What is 3D Printing?
3D printing is a revolutionary way for us to better treat our patients. We use this printing to help create surgical guides so that treatment planning is easier and more effective. The printing takes digital or impression renderings of your teeth and mouth to create a model that we can actually hold and work with when planning your treatment. The process of making a 3D model of your teeth is easy, quick and highly effective when it comes to your dental care.
Why is 3D Printing needed?
The reason we may recommend 3D printing in our office is because you're going to be having oral surgery done. For instance, having a 3D model of your teeth and mouth can help us in determining the best placement for implants or when performing a bone grafting. The rendering is realistic and detailed, so we are able to pinpoint the different ways to complete the surgical procedure.
Taking a 3D impression of your teeth is easy and quick. Most of our patients can benefit from 3D printing just because of how beneficial it is to their overall future dental health. Both children and adults alike can have 3D renderings done of their teeth. We will be able to recommend when and if this printing is needed during the course of your treatment.
What can be expected with 3D Printing?
- The clear aligner trays can be easily removed for eatingand drinking
- Thereare fewer food restrictions compared to other treatments
- Theclear aligners can be easily cleaned or rinsed, The clear aligners are smoothand comfortable, and do not cause any gum or mouth irritation
- The clear aligners are easy to remove to play sports or a musical instrument
- This treatment builds confidence and improve self-esteem
- Clearaligners are a discrete treatment and have no brackets are wires
If you'd like to learn more about 3D printing and how it works, call our office today and one of our trained staff members will be more than happy to help assist you.